Creating an Entity Record
From inside the Entity Manager view, navigate to the Entities tab on the left-hand side. This will bring you to the main view of where all off your existing entities are displayed.
Once you are in the Entities window, you’ll want to navigate to the blue + New button. This will bring up a new New Entity workflow.
Once you are inside the New Entity workflow you can enter the initial information required to get started creating your new entity. Once this record has been created you’ll be able to go back into the entity and add additional information.
Start off by giving your entity a Type from the dropdown list.
Next, select your Jurisdiction and give your entity a name (you can change the entity's name later).
You have the option to draft a business description within the New Entity workflow under DESCRIPTION, or you can simply use the NAICS CODE dropdown and choose from the predefined codes.
When it comes to adding a Registered Address, you have the option to enter the address manually or bring in the address that you already have stored in another entity using the Import button in the bottom left-hand corner.
If you know the information, you can enter the Corporation Number and Incorporation Date. If you don’t currently have this information then you can leave it blank until the entity is formed, then you can go back into the update and make updates.
Once you’re finished entering your information, turn to the Status dropdown list. This will default to Pending status. There are four available statuses for you to choose from:
- Pending—for use when your entity record is still being built out.
- Confirmed—for use one your entity profile is complete.
- Inactive—for if you have entities that have previously been dissolved.
- Not Managed—for entities that you want to keep a record of but aren’t actively being managed through Athennian. It’s most often used by agents of different companies (such as accountants, auditors, attorneys or registered agents) so they can store addresses and contact information inside Athennian to be used later on.
Once you are finished filling out the information and picking the entity Status, you can hit the blue Create button at the bottom right-hand corner of the pop-up.
Once your entity is created, you will be able to see it in the main section of the Entities tab. You can now go inside and start filling it out.
Want to see this in action? Watch the video tutorial:
Want to Learn More About Entity Records?
- Navigating Entity Records
- Change an Entity Type
- Add an Address to an Entity
- Add an Officer or Director
Or learn how to create a New Person Record.