Appointing principals is as easy as following the steps listed below:
- Navigate to the entity for which you would like to appoint a principal;
- Go to the Principals section of that entity and select +New;
- In the 1. Profile tab, choose whether you would like the principal to be an entity or a person - this allows you to add entities as general partners to limited partnerships, add corporations as managers of LLCs or other entity principal scenarios;
- Select the profile of the person you would like to appoint;
- If the person record has not yet been created, select New and create the new profile of the person to be appointed;
- Fill in the fields as necessary and move on to the 2. Title tab;
- In the 2. Title tab, add an election date and fill in the other fields where applicable;
- Click on the + Title button to add as many positions as you would like to a principal;
- Once you have configured the Principal's titles, move to the 3. Address tab to record the principal's addresses - you can even add more than one address per principal by simply clicking in the + Address button;
- In 4. Review, review the information and select Create to add this principal.
Note that if you add someone to multiple kinds of offices, they will be listed in their respective tables. For example, if you add someone as a Director, Chief Executive Officer and Secretary, that will create three unique records (one under the Directors tab and two under the Officers tab).
When adding a principal, you can select the status of the record. The status will default to Confirmed, but you can change it at any time. Statuses can be used to keep track of pending (incoming or outgoing) or inactive principals. Statuses are also used in document assembly coding to control which principals to include in language appointing and resigning.
Once you have created your principal record, you will see it listed in the table. You can access edit or delete functions by hovering over a principal record. You can also generate registers or ledgers from the Principals Register button.
All of a person's principal relationships are listed in the person profile under Interests. You can even appoint a person to an entity as a principal from that person's profile by clicking the + New button in the Interests tab.
You can also edit or resign someone from one or more principal appointments in bulk from the Interests tab as well. Simply click on one or more of the principal records to show the edit menu.