Generating a Report
The Athennian reporting tool is used to generate reports that capture data from entities across the database, and generating a report is as easy as following these simple steps:
- Navigate to the Reports section and click +New and then Report;
- In the Reporting window that pops up, select Click to Add Entity Filter - this will pull up a list of all of the filters you can choose from to narrow your search to only the entities you would like to report on - Note: you can request additional filters from your admin or account representative.
- Select a filter and customize it as required; - note: filters can be stacked to create any combination of criteria to narrow down the entities you would like to extract data from;
- You will note that the Entity Status filter is set by default to filter through all of the Active entities - to remove this filter, simply click on the X next to the filter;
- Select Next to move on to the next window;
- In the Select Entities window, check off the entities you would like to report on, or click Select All to select all of the entities listed at once, and then click Next;
- In the Supporting Documents window, select the template of the report you would like to generate for the list of entities you've just selected in the previous window - Note: you need to select a template appropriate to the filters you have selected. For example, if you select an Appointment Report template without using the Affiliation filter, your report document will not generate properly because there is not a matching data set to merge into the document.
- Select Merge to generate the report - Note: all data is extracted based on the coding and formatting setup in each of the templates;
- After you click Merge, your report document will be available in the list. If you can't find the generated report, toggle the Created date field.
When generating a report, you will notice fields that say Saved Configurations and Exclude Data at the top of the new report. These fields are used when you would like to generate a report that pertains to specific information, and you do not want Athennian to search through the entire database for other unrelated information. An example of when to use this would be if you are generating an Annual Compliance Report where you do not require any information regarding Principals, Share Classes or Shareholdings. If you check off all three of these as Excluded Data, this will allow Athennian to produce the report up to 5x faster! 🚀
A short video walkthrough on how to complete an Affiliation report!