To use entity templates, we first need to create a template entity record to copy from. Template Entities will duplicate all data that exists in the template to the newly created entity record with the exception of registration numbers, transaction records and document files. This allows you to save time when creating a high volume of similar entities.
Creating an Entity Template
Any entity record can be used as an entity template by changing the entity record's status to Template in the status dropdown menu in the top lefthand corner of the entity's profile.
Creating an Entity from a Template
Once you create a template entity, you can create a new entity from that template by following the instructions listed below:
- Navigate to the Entities tab;
- Select + New;
- Select Entity from Template from the dropdown menu;
- A new Create Entity from Template window will open up prompting you to select the template you wish to use to create your new entity - check off the desired template and then select Continue;
- Enter the Name for New Entity, and then check off whether you would like to Copy Virtual Minute Book and Copy All Folders and Documents;
- Select Create to create the new entity from the template;
- The new entity will appear in the Entities tab - select the entity to view its profile.
Template Data to be Inherited by New Entity
The following data will be inherited by the newly created entity once an entity from template is created:
- Entity Type
- Home Jurisdiction
- Public/Private Status
- Min & Max Number of Directors
- All Addresses & Agents + Creation Dates (will have to rename addresses)
- Principals/Controllers + Addresses + Election/Appointment Dates + Titles + Status
- Share Classes (not the created date)
- Default Currency
- Annual Compliance General Information
- Registrations + Filing Dates (will have to rename registrations)
- General Overview of Articles
- By-Laws + By-Law Meeting/Signing Authority Specifications
- Tasks + Created Dates
Additionally, if you check off Copy Virtual Minute Book and/or Copy All Folders and Documents, the newly created entity will also inherit the virtual minute book from the template entity's Virtual Minute Book tab as well as all of the documents and folders located in the Documents section of the template entity.
Editing an Entity Template
When you set the status of an entity record to Template, the template entity will be listed in the main entity list in the Entities tab, just like all of the other entities. To make any edits to the template, simply update the template entity record. To delete a template, set the entity status to Delete.