In Athennian, you can send out any Word or PDF document for electronic signature via AthennianSign. Follow the steps listed below to learn how to send a document for eSignature:
- Navigate to the profile of the entity for which you would like to send out a document for eSignature;
- Navigate to the Documents section of that entity;
- To send out a PDF for eSignature, check off the document from the documents list, click # Selected at the top of the list of documents, and then select Sign with Athennian from the dropdown list - Note: you can also send it for eSignature by hovering your cursor over the righthand side of the document record and clicking the signature logo;
- To send out a Word document for eSignature, click on the document record to open up the document - Note: you can also send it for eSignature by hovering your cursor over the righthand side of the document record and clicking the signature logo;
- Once you're in the document record, select Sign with Athennian in the left panel, or click Action in the top righthand corner of the screen and select Sign with Athennian from the dropdown menu;
- Once you're in AthennianSign, click + Add Signature, and a signature block will appear on the document;
- Drag and drop the signature block to where you would like the signatory to sign;
- Under the signature block, select New Recipient - you will notice an Enter Information box appear in the left panel of the screen;
- Click on the Enter Information box, and then add the full name and email of the recipient - Note: the Company and Additional fields are not required to be filled in;
- Repeat steps six through nine to add additional signatories;
- Once all signature blocks have been added, select Action in the top righthand corner of the screen;
- Select Send from the dropdown menu - the document will be sent out to the recipients;
- If you return to the documents list, you will notice the word Sent and the Athennian logo next in the status of the document;
- Once the document will have been signed by all parties, the status will be changed to Completed, and you will receive an email notifying you of said completion - you will then be able to convert it to DPF and move it to the virtual minute book.
Please refer to this help article if you would like to see how the recipient receives and signs the document.