Listing an individual with significant control ("Controller") has never been easier to do in Athennian, and in this help article I'm going to show you how!
Creating the Controller Profile
- Navigate to the profile of the entity you would like to list a Controller for;
- Navigate to the Principals > Controller tab;
- Click + New to open up the workflow;
- In the Profile field of the 1. Profile tab, select Person or Entity from the dropdown menu and select the person or entity you would like to add as the Controller - Note: if the person or entity is not yet listed in the database, simply click New in the bottom left of the window and create a new person/entity record;
- In the top righthand corner, indicate the Status of that Controller as Confirmed, Incoming, Outgoing and Inactive;
- In the 2. Title tab, the Controller title will be selected by default - enter the Start Date and Interest Description for the Controller along with any Notes (See Screenshot 1 for example);
- Navigate to the 2. Address tab to record the address of the Controller;
- Navigate to the Review tab to confirm the information you have put in and select Create to add this Controller to the entity's profile.
Generating the ISC/Transparency Register
- In the Principals > Controllers tab, select Principal Register in the top righthand corner;
- Check off the template in your database for the ISC/Transparency Register;
- Select Merge and then View Documents Now to be redirected to the Documents section of the entity profile to view the register.
Annual Maintenance of the ISC/Transparency Register
Going forward each year, when you are required to make any notes on how you have taken steps to ensure that the ISC/Transparency Register is up to date. To add notes to the Controllers section, follow these simple steps:
- Click on the controller record - a panel will appear on the righthand side (see Screenshot 2 for example);
- Select the Notes tab at the top of the panel, and then select New at the bottom of the panel;
- A Note window will appear prompting you to enter the new note;
- Enter the Date, Details, and then click Save;
- The note will be added to this controller's record.
Here is an example of what the register looks like once all the data has been inputted: