Types of User Roles
In Athennian there are four different types of user roles:
In this article we will go over the rights and restrictions attached to the Read-Only user role in Athennian.
General Overview of the Read-Only User
The Read-Only user role only has access to shared resources. This means that the Read-Only user is limited to only being able to view the data in the database without being able to manipulate it in any way. The Read-Only user can, however, generate documents in the database. However, once the documents are generated, the Read-Only user can only download the document - the user cannot make changes to the document including sending it out for signature or deleting it.
Accessible Tabs of the Database
Inviting Read-Only Users to the Database
To invite a user to access your database as a Read-Only user, follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to the Dashboard;
- Click on + Invite;
- Type in the First Name, Last Name and Email of the person you would like to invite to the team;
- Select the Read-Only user access by checking off the corresponding box;
- Select Invite.
For further details on how to manage the users on a team, visit this help article.
Note: only Administrators and Users can invite Read-Only users to the database.
A user invited to a restricted team with Read-Only access will only be able to do the following in the restricted team:
- View the list of entities shared to the restricted team in the Entities tab;
- Click into the entities and view all of the different tabs in an entity's profile including the virtual minute book;
- Generate documents, but not move, copy, modify or delete the documents;
- Download documents;