The Restricted Teams feature is a quick and easy way to give access to individuals to entities contained in your Athennian database. You are able to place an entity or multiple entities into a Restricted Team. What this means is that external parties will be able to view the data in either Read-Only or Summary-Only user level, and they will not be able to access any other data outside of that Restricted Team or manipulate the data within that Restricted Team in any way.
Creating a new Restricted Team is as easy as following the steps listed below:
- Log into your Athennian account;
- Navigate to the Entity Manager application;
- In the top righthand corner, click on your team and select Manage Teams;
- In your Workspace, select +New Team, enter the new name of the Restricted Team, check off the Restricted box, and then click Create (see Screenshot 1);
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to view the newly created Restricted Team;
- Switch into the team containing the entities you would like to add to the Restricted Team if you aren't already in it (see Screenshot 2) - to do this, click on your icon in the top right hand corner of the screen, select Settings, then select Workspace, and switch teams from this screen;
- Click on Entity Manager and navigate to the Entities section of the team;
- Check off the entities you would like to add to the Restricted Team (see Screenshot 3);
- At the top of the list, select # Selected and then select Share / Unshare (see Screenshot 3);
- A new window will pop up prompting you to select the Restricted Team to share the entities in; shift the button to shared in the new Restricted Team and then select Apply (see Screenshot 4);
- Once you select Apply, you will notice an icon next to the checkboxes of the entities shared to the new Restricted Team - this means they have successfully be shared to the team; and
- Navigate back to your Workspace, switch back over to the Restricted Team and then select Entity Manager to view the shared entities (see Screenshot 5);
- To switch between teams from the Entities view in the restricted team, click on your icon in the top righthand corner of your screen, select Settings and then select Workspace at the top of the screen - this will bring you to the list of teams you've been invited to.
To learn how to accept an invitation to a restricted team and to navigate through that restricted team, consult this article.
Key points to note about the Restricted Teams:
- The Entities tab is the only tab that can be accessed from a Restricted Team;
- Entities can be viewed by clicking directly into the entity record just like in the main team;
- When Invite is selected, a list of the entities shared in the Restricted Team will appear to remind you which entities will be viewed by the invitee;
- Only Read-Only and Summary-Only invites can be sent out to users;
- Neither the Administrator of the Restricted Team nor the invited users can modify the information set out in the Restricted Teams; and
- Entities must be modified from the main team; all changes made in the main team will automatically be reflected in the Restricted Teams.