Athennian has released a new functionality in the Reports section called Custom Reports that allows you to build and generate custom reports to capture the data that you choose and to export the reports to Excel! What this also means is that you can now filter through entities using multiple filters and choose the columns that you would like to appear in the custom reports that you create.
Creating a Custom Report
- Navigate to the Reports section of your database;
- Click on the Custom Reports tile;
- In the left panel, you will find the list of your saved reports - this is where you can reuse saved reports so that you do not have to constantly recreate new reports with the exact same filters as previously created ones - Note: you can collapse this panel by clicking the arrow at the top right of the panel;
- In the Report Name field, name the report you are about to create;
- Notice at the top of the report it says Entities, Registrations and Addresses and Agents - select Entities to generate a general report regarding the entities across the database, select Registrations to generate a report regarding the registrations of entities across the database, or select Addresses and Agents to generate a report regarding the addresses and agents of entities across the database.
Adding Filters to a Custom Report
Once you've created a report a named it, you can then start adding filters to the report. These filters will help you narrow your search in the entities you would like to report on. Follow the steps below to learn how add filters to a custom report:
- When you first create a report, the default filter will be the Entity Name filter with the word Contains after it;
- Click on the Entity Name filter to open up the dropdown list of filters to choose from;
- Select a filter from the dropdown list;
- Click on the Contains field to open up the dropdown list and select your searching preference;
- In the field to the right of Contains, click into it to open up the dropdown list - this is where you will find the list of subfilters to choose from pursuant to the first filter you chose;
- Select a subfilter from the dropdown list;
- Select + OR or + AND to add as many other filters/subfilters as you'd like;
- Once you will have selected your filtering preferences, select the Run Report button - you will notice a table with a list of entities in the Results section - Note: from this section you can click on the entity names to be redirected to the entity profiles. However, make sure to save your report before you exit!
Editing your Report Columns
In Athennian's Custom Reporting tool, the reports that you generate are fully customizable. This means that, in addition to being able to choose your entity search filters, you also have the ability to choose which columns you would like to see in your reports! Here is the step-by-step on how to edit the columns in your report:
- Once you click Run Report and see your list of entities in the Results section, click Edit Columns at the top right of the results to add your desired columns to the table;
- Once you click Edit Columns, a new window will pop up prompting you the check off the various column titles that you can add to your results - Note: in the Entity Details tab you will find column titles relating generally to the entity, whereas in the Compliance tab you will find column titles relating to entity compliance information - you can make selections from both tabs;
- Navigate through the tabs and check off the desired boxes, and then select Apply Changes;
- You will notice all of the additional columns in the Results table;
- To export the report, click on Export to CSV - this will download a copy of the report onto your computer;
- To save the report, click Save at the top of the page next to the name of your report - the report will be saved and listed in the left panel of the Custom Reports section for future use.