We’ll be rolling out improvements to this area, and the workflows it includes, on October 11th. The improvements made to this section will reduce clicks by up to 50%. Want to see what’s coming? Switch on the “Early Access” toggle in the top right-hand corner of your dashboard to familiarize yourself with the upcoming changes. Click here to learn more.
For more information about Shared Addresses, check out Understanding Profile and Shared Addresses.
Within the entity, navigate to General > Addresses > Shared, click the blue New button, and populate the data required in the pop-up box.
Tab 1. Details
- Select the Profile Type to choose if the address being shared is from an Entity or a Person
- Click in the Profile field, and search for the entity or person record with the address being shared
Note: If a profile has not yet been made for this entity or person, click the New button at the bottom left-hand corner of the box and create a new record with an address.
- Add Notes about the address, if needed
- Once the Details have been added, click Next
Tab 2. Addresses
- To select the address from the central entity, click the + Address button
- All active Profile Addresses for the central entity will appear, select the checkbox for the correct address, and click Apply
- If the correct address does not appear, create a new Profile Address for the central entity by clicking on the +New button
- Once the address has been added, click Next
Tab 3. Roles
The Role defines how this address is being used for the entity.
- Click the + Add role button
- Select the Role (Records Office, Registered Office, Shared Address)
- If Shared Address was selected as the Role, you can also add a Custom Title for more detail
- Add the Effective Date and/or End Date by selecting the date on the pop-up calendar. If entered manually, ensure that the date is in a YYYY-MM-DD format.
Note: Date fields are not required, and they can be left blank.
- Click Add
- If the address selected previously is acting in more than one role, click + Add role again to add any additional roles required
- When Roles have been entered, click Next
Tab 4. Documents
The Documents section allows for any connections to be made to this Shared Address and any documents stored in the entity's Minute Book.
- Click the + Add Documents button
- Select the Documents to associated to the Shared Address
- When done, click Link to Affiliation
- When any Documents have been linked, click Next
Tab 5. Review
The Review tab will summarize all relevant information to ensure it has been entered accurately.
- If any updates are required, click the Back button and make any corrections
- Once everything is confirmed accurate, click the Save button at the bottom right-hand corner of the box