We're excited to introduce an upgrade to Athennian that will enhance your experience and streamline how you manage data and user access.
We are transitioning from separating data by Teams and moving to a permissions system that is managed with Access Groups. This will allow more precision in managing access to specific entity and person profiles.
Please read the following details to understand the changes.
User Experience Enhancements
From a day-to-day perspective, these new features will provide:
- Unified View: No more team switching, all your data is accessible in one unified view.
- Management Tools: The "Workspace > Teams management" feature will be discontinued.
- Data Filtering: You can now filter entities or people based on specific access groups.
- Entity/Person Creation: You'll be required to select an access group when creating a new person or entity profile.
Data Management Changes
As part of the upgrade, there will be a transition to the new access group model that will replicate the existing Team permissions:
- Access Groups: Every current Team will be transitioned into an "Access Group."
- Exclusions: Teams without any data won't undergo this transition.
Unified Data: Data from training teams will now be integrated with your main production data.
User Role Updates
Changes to the names of Roles and their functions include:
- "Whitelabel admin" will now be known as "Administrator".
- Note: This gives more comprehensive access. Administrators will be able to see all data within the platform and modify permissions for other users.
- "Team level admin" will be renamed to "Office admin".
- Office admin can create new access groups and invite new users to a subset of data with the platform.
- "Read Only" users in restricted teams will become "Summary Only".
- Note: This change restricts access, hiding certain previously visible data.
User Group Creation: User groups will be formed automatically for users with the same permission levels.
- Template Access: You can now manage access to document templates separately.
To help prepare for the updates, if you'd like to receive detailed reports on the list of current "Administrators" or "Read Only" users on a restricted team, please contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM).
In addition to the User Role changes, Administrators may be interested to know about the following changes in the Access module:
- View lists of access groups and their associated users and profiles.
- View lists of users & user groups.
- Access user profiles to see their access groups.
- The "Create new user" process is now located within the "Access" section.
- Introducing the "Create new access group" flow.
We're confident these updates will enhance your Athennian experience. We're here to support you through this transition. If you have any questions or require further details, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.