Improved Charts are here! For more information, click here.
Learn how Athennian generates charts!
Charts show ownership relationships between entities described as percentages. Charts in Athennian are automatically generated via the equity transactions generated in the Securities tab.
Any entity in the chart will contain the name of the entity, jurisdiction, region, formation date, registration number, and Tax ID number when the Show entity details checkbox is selected.
4 viewing options for connections:
- Downward: This view is used to see the target entity and all its connections below
- Upward and downward: This view is used to see all the upward and downward connections i.e. the entire organizational chart
- Upward (direct) and downward: This view is used to see the full downward chart, i.e going down from the target entity and including all horizontal connections but from the target entity upward, you will see the direct vertical line, of any entity that is directly connected and an owner of the target entity
- Upward (direct) only: This view is used to see the direct vertical line of any entity that is directly connected and an owner of the target entity
To meet transparency and KYC requirements, charts will now show who the highest owner is as a Person. To show/hide shareholders that are people in charts, click on the Owner Type field and select Entities and People. Selecting this option will enable the Min Ownership % (People) and/or Min Ownership % (Entities) fields to enter the ownership percentage information to be included in the chart.
When filtering, the chart will now adjust to remove any subsidiaries from the entity that has been filtered out. For example, if the Jurisdiction filter is set to only pull entities in Canada, the chart will not only exclude all entities outside Canada from the chart but their subsidiaries whether or not they're in Canada. On the other hand, if the top entity is in Canada and the jurisdiction filter is set to the US, both the top entity and its subsidiary will be filtered out i.e. no chart will be returned. This also implies that users may get different results from filters based on the connections view selected.
As with Share Registers and Ledgers, you can now also look back in time at your charts! Simply enter the AS AT DATE above the chart.
The chart, as of that specific date, will display.
You have the option to save the filters you often use. For this, click on the + Save filter button
You will be prompted to enter your Filter name and click Save.
1. Click on Show Legend to display the Legend
2. Jurisdiction Colors: There is the ability to change the colors for each jurisdiction on the Chart
- Adjust the zoom on the chart as desired. Only what's being viewed on the screen will be exported. Zoom out on the chart prior to exporting if the whole chart is to be included.
- Click Export at the top right-hand corner of the page to reveal a dropdown menu. There will be the option to export the chart into .svg, .png, or .pdf file types which can be opened and edited in Visio as well as most diagraming and image software tools.
- When exporting as PDF, the legend will appear on a second page
- When exporting as SVG or PNG, the legend is part of the full image (above and left justified with chart)